Sign UP

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A little more Cheep Talk

I'm participating in a Fancy Fold Swap over on SplitCoast Stampers. Are you? If not, you should be!!! I've seen some of the cards and they ROCK! There's still time to join and I'm sure Diana would LOVE to have you. It's Canadian based, but if you're reading from the US, don't let that deter you...we're very accommodating up here in Canada and I'm sure we can work something out for postage.

So...This is a Z-Fold Card. To make it, you take a piece of cardstock that is 4 1/4 X 11 inches and fold it in half at the 5 1/2" mark. Then, take the front of the card and fold it back on itself so that the edge meets up with the first fold. Then...embellish! Easy, right?
I used the Cheep Talk set again and inked up the branch in Close to Cocoa and the leaves in Old Olive. The day I made these, I was stamping with some girlfriends and didn't bring my markers - d'oh! Good thing I had some Stampin' Spots with me...they did the trick quite nicely!

My card base is Rose Red (oh, how I LOVE this colour!!!) and the DSP is Rose Red too (of course!). The image is stamped on Whisper White and matted on (you guessed it!) Rose Red! I didn't take a pic of the inside of the card, but I added a piece of Whisper White that will fit under the image panel with the card is closed. For a finishing touch, I added a piece of Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon tied (once again) using my non-dominant hand to achieve the perfect bow.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Cheep Talk
PAPERS: Whisper White and Rose Red Cardstock; Rose Red DSP
INKS: Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon

Happy Stampin'!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Great fold too! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is ADORABLE! Love the colors and such a sweet design :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card! Layout, colors, cute factor - you got it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I will have to try this one and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun fold on this card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this....especially the colouring!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love the fold, the paper, the perfectly stamped image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!