So, I FINALLY got to play with my pre-order last week after the kids went back to school. How has it been for you? I tell you...I am LOVING my quiet days!!
So, it's Stampin' Queens Sketch Day again and I used the sketch to create this:
To start off, I was inspired by one of the other Stampin' Queens cards as well as the sketch. I liked the centre panel and I wanted to do something similar, but I wanted to use Gently Falling. I took out my watercolour paper and spritzed it with water BEFORE stamping - you can see that I spritzed in some spots more than others - LOL! I think it's kind of a neat effect, don't you?
I used Soft Suede, River Rock, Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party which are the colours that are Spice Cake DSP.
As you can see, I went just little nuts with the paper piercer. Heehee!!
OK, for the measurements:
- Card Base - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
- Next layer up - Pool Party Cardstock, cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8"
- Next layer up - Spice Cake DSP, cut to 4 x 5 1/4"
- Soft Suede Panels - 2 x 3" (they meet in the middle, but you can't tell)
- Main Image Panel - 2 3/4 x 4", matted with a piece of 2 7/8" x 4 1/8" Pool Party
- Pear Pizzazz Piece - 1 1/2 x 3" with rounded corners
Here's the sketch for this week, if you'd like to give it a try:
What do you think?