Sign UP

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

World Treasures for the Stampin' Queens

Last week, I got to have lunch with my upline and BFF. She had just returned from Disney and had the NEW catalogue in her hot little hands!! Of course, I scoured every page, we talked about what we liked and what made us scratch our heads and wonder what SU! was thinking (mostly for stuff that retired, but I digress).


As Stampin' UP! always does, there was a prize wheel which could be spun everyday for prizes. One of the prizes Caroline won was a stamp set called World Treasures. It's no secret that mounting stamps is NOT one of her favourite things to so, she handed me the set with instructions to mount it and play. OK!

So, when I saw the Stampin' Queens sketch for this week, I knew JUST what I wanted to do!

Here's our sketch for this week:


And here's my card:


Of course, I RARELY keep a sketch EXACTLY the way it's supposed to be, but that's OK! I've always thought of sketches as a creative jumping off point.

My hubby was unsure about the Cajun Craze and Midnight Muse combination. He said the DSP was too busy for the peacock. I *think* I agree with him and might have to try again. We'll see!

I added some bling and I REALLY like the way it turned out!

Here's a little close up:


I just LOVE the new Apothecary Accents Framelits! For the sentiment, I stamped it and then hand cut it so I could use the label as a matte.

What do you think?

STAMPS: World Treasures
INK: Midnight Muse
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede Cardstock, Comfort Cafe DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!