Sign UP

Friday, June 24, 2016

Under the Weather?

I can't blame you with this crazy heatwave we've been having! (at least in Southern Ontario...if it's cooler where you are, I'd be more than happy to trade!)

Some of the weather finally broke earlier this week, but it's still pretty warm out there. With summer break right around the corner, I predict a LOT of time at the splash pad!

Today's card for the Retro Sketches Challenge features one of the images from the Ronald McDonald House Charities set My Hero.


I started off with a base of Bermuda Bay and added a layer of Pool Party before adding the layer of Designer Series Paper from the Serene Scenery Paper Stack and a length of Pool Party Ribbon.

I cut out the tags and used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to punch the top and the Project Life Corner Rounder to round the bottom corners.

The umbrella was stamped in Bermuda Bay and cut out, while the handle was stamped directly on the Whisper White Cardstock.

Stampin' UP! has partnered for over 10 years with RMHC to help provide a home away from home for families with small children in hospital. Over the course of our partnership, Stampin' UP! has raised over $1.5 million through sales of its annual RMHC set.

This year's set is SO cute! There's something for every occasion! Check it out:


It has something for every occasion and you can be sure it will get a lot of use in the coming year! Other than today's card, I'll be starting with Christmas cards using the Christmas sentiment and if we happen to find ourselves at the Hospital for Sick Children (for routine appointments) near any of the holidays with sentiments in this set, you can be sure I'll be handing out treats!

What do you think?

STAMPS: My Hero
PAPERS: Whisper White, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Cardstock; Serene Scenery DSP
INK: Bermuda Bay and Crumb Cake
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Ribbon, Bakers Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!