Sign UP

Sunday, October 2, 2016

A look at the week ahead...

This post is a little different than what you normally see on my blog...



Recently, I discovered the Bullet Journal and let me tell you! In the short time I've been a "bullet journaller", it has CHANGED. MY. LIFE.

You might think thats's a little crazy, but it's true. I've already "met" lots of like minded people online - the community is SO welcoming and I've already done some experimenting and I have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't work for me.

SO, what the heck is a bullet journal?? Bullet journalling was started a few years ago by Ryder Carroll. At it's core, it's a method of rapid logging the things you need to get done. Sort of like a big to-do list. You can check out Ryder's video HERE.

But it's also a journal. And a place to keep lists. And a place to keep things you'd like to read/see/do. It can be anything you want it to be really.

Here's a peek at my October month-at-a-glance. It's not a 100% perfect (and doesn't have to be), but I LOVE the way it turned out!


As a Stampin' UP! Demonstrator, I love that I can use my stamps and other things in my journal - washi is VERY popular!

Another section that people like to incorporate into their journals is a monthly tracker. This is used to form good habits (who doesn't like the reward of having all the squares coloured in on a chart - gold star for you!) or eliminate bad ones. You can also use it as a reminder. I have some squares boxed (but not yet coloured) because I have some special plants in my house that only need to be watered every 10 days. The squares are my reminder to get it done on that day. :)


While I was experimenting in September, I tried a time tracker to see where I was spending my time/what I was doing. I found it tedious and time consuming, so October doesn't have a time tracker. Instead, it has a list of accomplishments that I'll fill in as the month progresses:


Yesterday was World Card Making Day - I taught a class (and International Coffee Day too WIN-WIN!!). Did you do anything to celebrate??

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!