Sign UP

Monday, December 5, 2016

Something Old....

Something New...

I've had a LOT on my plate lately, but I'm getting it all done. I wanted to wait till after I was done with my craft shows for the season to start playing with new goodies from the OCCASIONS catalogue (which starts on January 4th, 2017). My last craft show for the season was yesterday, so this morning I got out the new toys and made this:


The "something old" is the paper that I used as well as the little sequins (I can't find my darn rhinestones in the mess I've created leading up to all the craft shows!) and the something new is the DRAGONFLIES!! Oh. My. GOSH! Just wait till you see this new set! You're going to LOVE IT!

Something borrowed is the technique I used to colour my dragonfly wings. We learned it at On Stage and I just love it! I inked up the wings (they're a separate piece to the actual dragonfly skeleton) in Soft Sky and then sponged on some Mint Macaron in various places. Awesome right? I just love the way it turned out! And I love that no two dragonflies will ever be the same.

Here's a close up of the wings:


On the circle behind the dragonfly I did a watercolour wash using Soft Sky and Mint Macaron. There's a wee bit of Night of Navy on there too, but it's pretty subtle. You can see it better in person, so you'll just have to come to my Open House on Sunday January 8th, 2017 to check out this card and several others I'll be making over the next couple of weeks!

Something blue is my Soft Sky Card base.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Dragonfly Dreams (available Jan. 4, 2017)
INK: Staz-On, Soft Sky, Mint Macaron
PAPERS: Whisper White, Mint Macaron and Soft Sky Cardstock; Blooms & Bliss DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Aqua Painter, Sponge Dauber, Fancy Frost Sequins (only available till January 3rd, 2017), Stampin' Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!