Sign UP

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bella Bleu Sympathy

Sympathy cards are always hard for me to make...especially when I have to send it to an online friend who is a member of my "heart family".

My heart family is pretty big, and though I have never met many of them, we are all connected through our heart children.

Some of you know (though I'm sure many do not), that DH and I were blessed with two children who have cardiac conditions: our oldest daughter and youngest son. Because of this, we know MANY heart families!

In the past couple of months, our heart family has lost too many children and babies. Though I know that they all now have perfect hearts and will never again be in pain, my heart breaks for the families they have left behind.

One such little man is Ethin. He was just five months old when he was called home. This card is for his family:
I stamped the images from Pocket Silhouettes in Not Quite Navy on Whisper White and then punched them out using the Scallop Square Punch. I sponged the edges of the shapes and mounted them on the card using dimensionals.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Pocket Silhouettes
INK: Not Quite Navy
PAPERS: Whisper White, Kraft and Not Quite Navy Cardstock; Bella Blue DSP.
ACCESSORIES: Punch, Sponges, Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christyne! I know the family will appreciate your thoughtfulness during this most difficult time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Thoughts and prayers to Ethin's family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. They will appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful card will surely bring Ethin's family comfort in knowing how much you care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish you didn't have the occasion to make this card.... How tragic to lose a child ever, but to only have him for 5 short months must be truly devastating to that poor family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. This is a beautiful card that will surely help bring some small measure of comfort to his family in their time of such great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Hope your card will bring much comfort to Ethin's family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card, but am so sad that this family has to receive it. You are a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful. I am so sorry that you had to make it though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sad! I'm sure your lovely card will bring some comfort to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soft and pretty....terrible news....very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!