Sign UP

Monday, June 4, 2012

AWESOME, thy name is Island Indigo

...especially when paired with Baja Breeze. Oh my! I think I may just have a new favourite colour combo!


Truly! Now, Island Indigo and Pool Party are pretty awesome together, but Island Indigo and Baja Breeze are just more...well...MORE.

I had Island Indigo out because I was creating my card for the Stampin' Queens sketch on Wednesday (you'll have to come back to see that one) and I was struck with the idea of featuring a different stamp set each week. Well, my stamp set for Wednesday is The Open Sea and I drew a complete blank as to what else I could do with it. Subconsciously, it was probably the idea of using ONE stamp set for a WHOLE week that freaked me out - LOL!

Then, as I sat there staring at my Island Indigo cardstock, I thought, "HEY! Why not feature a new COLOUR each week!" With fifty colours, I could cover almost a whole year - YES! What do you think of that idea?

So...this week, since I was already creating with Island Indigo, I decided to go with that. Wednesday's card is also my Dynamic Duo card for the week, so it features Real Red as well. I wanted something different, so I pulled out my colour coach. Lo and behold, there it was! Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Rich Razzleberry! LOVE!


See? You love it too, right? You get subtle with a bit of POP!

When I saw the Mojo Monday sketch, Betsy's Blossoms was the first thing to come to mind and I think it was a pretty good choice!


I just love the finished card! I'm planning on sending it to a dear friend and I do hope she likes it! I won't spoil the surprise by saying who, because I know she reads my blog on a regular basis. She needs a little pick me up and I think this will be just the ticket!

Here's a little close up of the tag:


Must run! Things to do, places to go, people to see and all that. Oh...and laundry, there's ALWAYS laundry!!! *sigh*

What do you think?

STAMPS: Betsy's Blossoms, Tiny Tags
INK: Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry
PAPERS: Whisper White and Island Indigo Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Bitty Button, Punch, Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. Yea I do love it. Subtle with a big pop. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Love the colours. They are my three favs!! :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!