Just this past Monday, it was a holiday in Ontario and much of Canada as well. Now...my hubby doesn't usually have that day off at it's not a statutory holiday, but a civic holiday. This year (for the first time in a LONG time) he stayed home - YAY!!!
He went out to run some errands (most stores are open) and while he was gone, I created this:
I was SO happy with the way it turned out, I could hardly wait till today to share it with you!
I don't ever remember catching lightning bugs when I was little (probably because we lived in the city), but I always wished that I could...so this set is perfect! It lets me "catch" the lightning bugs without any of the "ick" factor (not so much a fan of bugs as I got older).
I try to tell him often how much he means to me and how much I love him, but on Monday I felt like doing a little bit "extra". It's our 25th wedding anniversary at the end of the month, so the "extra" seemed appropriate. :)
How about some details:
- The card base is 5 ½" x 8 ½" and scored at 4 ¼"
- The layer is 4" x 5 ¼" and is from the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack
- The other DSP layer is 2 ¼" x 4" and is from the A Little Foxy DSP Stack
- The Ribbon is Dapper Denim
- The circles were cut using the Layering Circles Framelits
- Our Sponge Daubers are *just* the right size for creating the "light" coming off the little lighting bug butts :)
- The sentiment is actually hanging, as in for I didn't adhere it in any way - I just tied it to the jar handle
- Linen Thread is *still* (after all these years being a demonstrator) one of my favourite ways to add "just a little bit" to a card
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the crew have been up to HERE.
What do you think?
STAMPS: Jar of Love
INK: Dapper Denim, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight
PAPERS: Whisper White and Dapper Denim Cardstock; Serene Scenery and A Little Foxy DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Sponge Dauber, Linen Thread, Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals