Sign UP

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thanks a Bunch!

Here's my card for today.

I was tidying the desk where the computer sits (SO much clutter!) and came across a sketch from I don't know where (I know, BAD!) and decided to use it.

It was originally an A2 size, but I wanted something bigger...turns out it was TOO bigger as now I don't have an envy to put it in - oh well!

The card is 4 1/4 X 9 and it should have really been 4 X 9" because then it would have fit in a business # 10 envy. I've got some 12 X 12 cardstock that isn't too thick, so I ought to be able to rig something up. Barring that, it's hand delivery baby!!!

The base is a 8 1/2 X 9" piece if Whisper White folded in half. On top of that is a piece of DCWV cardstock that I had in my stash. The next layer is another piece of Whisper White. The images were coloured using my SU markers and then punched out with my 1 3/8" circle punch. They were placed on pieces of green cardstock from the same DCWV pack.


The inside has another piece of the purple cardstock from the DCWV pack and a piece of Whisper White on which I stamped the same image as I used on the front.

What do you think???

Cardstock: Whisper White (SU!); Purple, Green (DCWV)
Stamp: Lockhart
Accessories: SU! Markers; May Arts Ribbon

Happy Stampin'!

15 comments:

  1. I love that sketch. I think it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the sketch and I think your card is just beautiful.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Go check out Lauren Meader's blog... she has a tutorial for making an envie for any size card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, thanks for the head's up on Lauren's blog! I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful love how you did the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful - I love the stamp and colors you used together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love how you did the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sketch and what you have done with it. I hope you conquer the envelope problem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very fresh! very spring! luv the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and design Chris, LOVE the pretty detail and design!

    Have a wonderful week,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketch Christyne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. It's really pretty. Great job with the sketch. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!