Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
I can tell you that the first thing *I* OMG'd over was the whole Pop of Pink Suite! I mean, come on! Stampin' UP! has to have been inside my head when they came up with that one!
Because...if you've known me for more than a minute, you KNOW that pink is my FAVOURITE colour! Right?
The Pop of Pink comes with :
- Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Designer Washi Tape
- and the ADORABLE Pop of Paradise Stamp Set (which is on order, or I'd show you!)
- It will also coordinate with the Melon Mambo and Basic Black Thick Bakers Twine
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Monday, May 16, 2016
If you remember, last week I was talking about the Watercolour Wishes Kit and how it was the perfect travelling kit because pretty much everything was in there and all you had to do was grab it and go!
I learned a few things...
- There are NO extra cardstock cutouts, so if you're a perfectionist take your time. The stamps are photopolymer, so you can see right where they're going, but there's still the possibility of a an "oops".
- There's a couple of extra adhesive die cuts, so you could add them in on any cards you choose.
- There's LOTS of extra sequins, wooden laser cut shapes, and Wahsi Tape, so go to town with those! :)
- While the block in the package is definitely suitable for all the images in the exclusive stamp set, you might like to have an "A" block for the teeny tiny hearts.
- There's good news and there's bad news. The good news is, the Watercolour Wishes Kit will still be available in the upcoming 2016-2017 catalogue. The bad news is, the price is going up. The good news is, you can order it NOW. The bad news is, you ONLY have until May 31st, so don't delay! I'll be placing an order on May 22nd, so if you'd like me to order the kit for you, let me know.
- Once you're done making all the cards, you've got a handy little storage box to hold them!
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
My daughter and I recently returned from a three day trip to Montreal and Québec City. It was great to get back (I was born and raised in Montreal) and visit with my sister. And seeing Québec was a treat since I hadn't been since 1991. We had a FABULOUS time and I learned a few things (some comparisons to Toronto included):
- Hand made gifts for teachers ensure your child is happy *grin*
- Road signs, road lines and traffic laws are merely suggestions - you're taking your own life in your hands if you choose to drive (or walk!) here.
- Your "concrete jungle" is worse than our "basketweave".
- Listening to Google Maps give directions in English while you're driving in a FRENCH province is PAINFUL (to say the very least!).
- I love, love, LOVE speaking French! I learned to speak both English and French growing up and it was SO much fun to spend a few days speaking French again...and let's face it! I need the practice what with my whole plan to move to France!
- You thought Québec motorists were bad? The only thing worse than a Québec motorist is a Québec motorcyclist. The only thing worse than a Québec motorcyclist is that guy with the WIDE LOAD in the FAST lane trying to pass a semi! (you can't make this crap up - I swear!)
- I drive in Toronto traffic. It's pretty bad. Montreal traffic is WORSE!
- Everybody smokes. EVERY. BODY.
- You can buy wine and beer in the grocery store. In truth, I knew this...what I didn't know is that there was an ENTIRE aisle dedicated to beer and wine in the grocery store.
- You can purchase gasoline at rest stops...but before you get back in your car, don't forget the wine! SERIOUSLY??
- If you DON'T know how to behave in a church, please don't embarrass yourself by going in. Taking a photo of yourself AND your wife shaking hands (I kid you not!) with the image of Jesus as you pass through the Holy Door in the year of Mercy is NOT ok.
- THIS is a thing. WHY is this a thing??
- Tire d'érable is a little bit of heaven on a stick
And the very LAST thing I learned while visiting La Belle Province:
- You can stamp ANYWHERE as long as you have the right tools/equipment. This Watercolour Wishes Kit was PERFECT for travelling! All I needed was the box and some adhesive and I was ready to go! EVERYTHING you need (except MONO) was in the box (including ink and a block).