Sign UP

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A little MOJO from long ago


So...I get a lot of email...I mean, I get a LOT of email. And a big portion of that is stamping related - you're surprised, I can tell - LOL!

Whenever I get something REALLY awesome, I always file it under "Stamping Goodness". I have a LOT of "Stamping Goodness"...over 3,000 "Stamping Goodness" to be precise.

Today, I was perusing some of the older goodness and came across a blog post from Dannie who used an older Mojo Monday Sketch to create her card. Well, I was struck by her card and decided to try my hand at the sketch. I made a few changes (there was a ribbon on the sketch and I didn't use any) and came up with this:

I can't tell you how absolutely TICKLED I am with this card! I started off with the idea that I wanted to use black and just went from there. I used the Love Letter DSP (Item # 117162) which also contains the colours Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla.

I stamped some buttons from the set Button, Button (Item # 122040 in Clear or # 122026 in Wood) which I earned during a book-a-thon held by Stampin' UP! last year. I love that Stampin' UP! has special promotions not only for their customers, but for their demonstrators too! This is a GREAT time to join my team since it's SALE-A-BRATION and not only will you get 15% off the starter kit, you'll also get a bonus bundle worth $60 which includes the Colour Coach, a Simply Sent Kit, a Simply Sent Stamp set valued at $14.95 and a punch valued at $23.95! What a great deal!

Thanks to Gretchen Barron and her AWESOME tutorial, I was able to cut my Basic Black Cardstock square to just right size in order to punch it using my Scalloped Trim Border and Scalloped Trim Corner Punches. I added a layer of Love Letter DSP on top of that before adhering my stamped piece.

My card base is Riding Hood Red and the next layer up (cut to 4" x 5 1/4") is Basic Black. I added a piece of Love Letter DSP to it and affixed two antique brads (LOVE!) before adhering the whole thing to the front of the card using a LOT of Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment from A Word for You (Item # 120528 in Clear or # 117032 in Wood) on Very Vanilla Cardstock using Basic Black Ink and punched it out using my large oval punch (Item # 119855). It was matted on a piece of Basic Black Cardstock, punched using my scalloped oval punch (Item # 119856) and adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I also finished the inside of the card, using the same papers:

And here's a close up of the sentiment detail:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Button, Button and A Word for You
INK: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Riding Hood Red Cardstock, Love Letter DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Antique Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!