Sign UP

Monday, November 7, 2011

MDS Monday - Brigid

This...is Brigid:


I created this page using pictures (with permission) of my young friend Brigid. Brigid has Mitochondrial disease. She fights a daily battle with a disease that, when treatment ends, will see the Kidd family with one less member. This is their reality.

Unfortunately, Mitochondrial disease has no cure. There's also not much funding for these families.  To that end and to help my dear friend, I have created some jewelry pieces to sell, most of which are green as this is the colour that represents this disease.

I know you usually come here to see all my card projects, but just for a moment, I'd appreciate if you thought of the Kidd family and little Brigid. Please purchase a piece of jewelry if you are so led as the profits from the sales go directly to them. Brigid needs a new walker and SO many other things that AREN'T covered by medicare.

Here are a few of my more recent pieces. If you see something you like, please let me know and I'll be happy to send it off to you.

Thank you.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!