Sign UP

Monday, June 20, 2016

Have you ever...

...created a card so stinkin' cute that you sit there chuckling to yourself because of how very clever you are?

Today's card for the Freshly Made Sketches was born out of some scraps that I had on my table from another card you'll see later this week (you won't want to miss that one either! Hint: there may be BLOG CANDY!)

I pulled out a sheet of Soft Sky, thinking it was a half sheet of cardstock. Turns out it was slightly smaller at 3 ¼" x 11", but I figured what the heck and went with it! This is the result:


I added a layer of Mint Macaron cardstock cut to 5 ¼" x 3" and stamped the sentiment from Sprinkles of Life onto it using Mint Macaron ink. Then I couldn't decide which cupcake topper to use when I turned over the piece of DSP and went: "Ah ha! Flowers". So I stamped them and used my markers to colour in just a few of the flowers - it was kind of like an adult colouring book, but I had to stop myself before I went too crazy - LOL!

The cupcake was added to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals and there you have it! A quick and cute little card that will still fit in a standard size envelope - perfect!


For the inside, I just added a small piece of Whisper White Cardstock and a skinny strip of DSP.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Sprinkles of Life
INK: Mint Macaron, Soft Sky
PAPERS: Soft Sky, Mint Macaron and Whisper White Cardstock; Blooms and Bliss DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The DSP you've used for your cupcake icing is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's actually a coloured in stamp image - so fun!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!