Sign UP

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Scrappy Saturday - a change of pace


My Saturday posts have been "Simple Saturday" for a little while...well, except for the Saturdays where I went missing - LOL!

This week, I thought I'd try something a little different and show you some scrapbooking pages! Now, it's been a LONG time since I've done any scrapbooking at all and even LONGER since I scrapped using REAL paper!

That being said, the idea of jumping in blind kinda freaked me out, so I went looking for sketches. The first one I found was on SUDSOL. Have you checked it out? If you click on the button over there to your left you can get a free two-week trial! It's an invaluable tool if you're a Stampin' UP! demo! Teresa does a Scrapbook Challenge once a week. I don't usually play along, but this time I did. I used her sketch for the first page (on the left) and then rotated the sketch to create my second page:

I used the pieces I had left over from a demo I did last year at Stampin' Palooza with my Caroline. So, the Scrappin' Kit is retired, but you could do the same thing with any of the kits now available in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog.

My second sketch was taken from the August 2010 Newsletter at Page Maps:

I didn't have a full two 12 X 12 pages left from the kit, so rather than pull from another kit, I pieced together the left hand page. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? I think it turned out pretty good! It looks like I planned it that way!

What do you think?

STAMPS: None yet, but I might add some once the pics are adhered and I have an idea of where to embellish
INKS: None yet
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip and Not Quite Navy Cardstock; Exclusive DSP from Tailor-Made Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired)
ACCESSORIES: Not Quite Navy Ribbon (retired)

Happy Scrappin'!

1 comment:

  1. I like you layouts, especially where you've used the same layout and then flipped it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!