Sign UP

Monday, September 6, 2010

Twenty-Minute Monday


OK, so I tried that whole fifteen minute Friday thing, and that didn't work out! However, I have discovered that I CAN actually create a card in 20 minutes...provided I have a sketch!

So, welcome to 20-minute Monday! This feature will be replacing Manic Monday.

Last Friday, I had GREAT intentions of playing along with Diana's Chat and Challenge at SUDSOL, but time got away from me and dinner didn't get on the table on time...and well, you know how THAT goes!

So, late Friday night (or was it early Saturday morning), I used Diana's sketch and made this card:
I used Peach Parfait as the base and then added a layer of Whisper White before adhering my pieces of Sunny Garden DSP.

I stamped my flower from Greenhouse Garden in Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade. I just LOVE 2-step stampin'! Even my DH was impressed - he said the flower looked very realistic! I punched it out using my 1 3/8" punch and matted it on a piece of Peach Parfait punched with my 1 3/4" punch. The two pieces were added to a piece of Poppy Parade punched using the 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch.

The Pear Pizzazz ribbon covered up the space between the two pieces of DSP (oops! I shouldn't have told you that - LOL!) and the finishing touch was the tiny tag stamped with "Thanks so much" from Tiny Tags attached with a piece of linen thread.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Greenhouse Garden and Tiny Tags
INKS: Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade
PAPERS: Whisper White, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade Cardstock; Sunny Garden DSP
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Punches, Linen Thread, Markers

Happy Stampin'!


1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love making 20 minute cards, thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!