Sign UP

Friday, January 21, 2011

Old Colours Don't Retire...



...they just go DIGITAL!

Do YOU have My Digital Studio? If not, what are you waiting for? It's your resource for Stampin' UP! retired colours! Love Kiwi Kiss? It's there! Can't live without Handsome Hunter? You got it! It's also just awesome for scrapbooking (no wasted paper - if you do something you don't like, just hit the undo button!) and card planning (make a sketch!)

Today is my littlest man's birthday. I can't believe he's already 8 years old - WOW!!! He tasked me with bringing treats to school so that he could celebrate with his friends. I used my mom's banana bread recipe and baked them into tiny cupcakes - they were a hit!

Of course, I couldn't just take NAKED cupcakes to school! They didn't need icing, because they're JUST. THAT. GOOD. However, since I am THAT mom (I may have mentioned this before - LOL!) I did have to decorate them though, so here they are:


While I was making the little picks in My Digital Studio, I used Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant since purple is Jonathan's favourite colour.

When I printed them (on my OLD printer), they came out looking more like Orchid Opulence - OOPS!!! Oh well...it did the job. And did I mention my printer is OLD?? Yeah...

Anyway...I made two sheets of scalloped circles - one with the sentiment and the other with the stars from Extreme Elements - and punched them out with...yes! my scallop circle punch - LOL!

I loaded them up with glue dots and sandwiched a toothpick between them. The kids in Jonathan's class LOVED them!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Digital Extreme Elements (this set is also available as a wood mount set)
INK: Digital Versions of Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant
PAPERS: Whisper White on which to print the images
ACCESSORIES: MDS, Scallop Circle Punch

Happy Stampin'!

4 comments:

  1. Great Job hun!! ya I am "that Mom" too...lol thanks for the MDS tip and umm you forgot to post your Mom's recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, ya make me (and moms like me) look bad! I am so not "THAT" mom anymore! These are simply too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!?! No recipe? that's just mean! LOL! but the cupcakes are cute! Lucky son to have "that mom"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! I need to work with my MDS more...great project. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!