Sign UP

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

And now for the REAL card - Sheesh!


If you scroll down, you'll see that life is not QUITE back to normal after convention and that I need to sort out my brain a little bit - OOPS! But...I was so excited about finding my MOJO that I just jumped in with both feet before my brain had a chance to catch up!

Yesterday I was getting some posts ready to go and thought I would jump back in with the Paper Crafts Crew and added the card you see in the post below. I couldn't quite figure out why I seemed to be the only one playing along. Turns out I was working on the WRONG sketch!

Here's today's card (based on the RIGHT sketch):


I started off with a Crushed Curry base (this wasn't one of my favourites when it was an "in colour", but it's kind of grown on me!) and added a layer of Very Vanilla. The next layer up is Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper.

For the main image, I stamped the chevron image from Oh, Hello in Crushed Curry (stamped off first) and then stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz. I took it to my Big Shot and, using the Oval Framelits dies, cut it out. I stamped the flowers using the direct to rubber technique (come to class on September 7th!) and cut them out by hand.

The Pear Pizzazz 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon was tucked under the image panel and tied in a bow.

Here's what the inside looks like (before I wrote the message and popped in the bag of the brand new customer who picked up her order this morning):


This was a whole new level of doodling for me!! I really like the way it turned out. I started off trying to zig-zag all the way around, but that was looking very messy, very fast! So, this was my alternative idea. I continued the cut flower on the inside too.

My card won't be in the post, but you can check out what the rest of the Crew have been up to here.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Oh, Hello
INK: Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Crushed Curry Cardstock; Afternoon Picnic DSP
ACCESSORIES: Markers, Oval Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!