Sign UP

Thursday, October 17, 2013

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Halloween post...

...to bring you some POPPIES!


Don't worry...the candy will be back tomorrow, but I wanted to give you a little preview of what you'll be seeing here on the blog next week! :) Plus, this card is for this week's Retro Sketch, so it couldn't wait till next week - LOL!

I'm loving all the Designer Series Paper on my projects! Sometimes it's all too easy to just layer some cardstock and call it a day, but our Designer Series Paper is so much fun, you really should take the plunge and cut into it! For this card, I even used a DSP layer!

Today's card features Pleasant Poppies, Afternoon Picnic DSP and some Wisteria Wonder (which, in case you DIDN'T know, made it from the "In Colour" collection to the REGULAR colour families - WOOT!)

I coloured the poppies using my watercolour pens and squished ink into the lid of my ink pad. These particular poppies feature Wisteria Wonder with a touch of Perfect Plum.

I added some ribbon (retired) and button (not) to my card for a little extra pop.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Pleasant Poppies
INK: Basic Grey
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Wisteria Wonder Cardstock; Afternoon Picnic DSP
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Pen, Ribbon (retired), Button, Bakers Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. I always love those gorgeous poppies and I love what you did with them too, Wisteria-Wonder-ful! -Great take on this week's sketch! -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!