Sign UP

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

There it is!

I was going to use today's sketch for my son's birthday card, but then life got in the way I didn't even get a chance to make him a card - ACK!!!


I left off the lace and moved the bakers twine/button over to the right and here's what I came up with:


Oh...my...GOSH! I love it! Do you love it too?? It was totally last minute (like it was too dark to get a decent shot, last minute), but I'm totally thrilled with it!

My base is Smoky Slate and then I added a layer of Basic Black. The top layer is Melon Mambo which was stamped using images from the Touches of Texture Stamp set and Melon Mambo Ink.

I stamped the same splatter image in Smoky Slate (stamped off) onto the image panel on the left. The floral stem was stamped in full strength Smoky Slate and then coloured in using Melon Mambo and Old Olive Ink.


I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo Ink too.


Here's a close up of the button detail. The button is retired (sorry!), but the Baker's Twine is definitely available to order. And instead of using washi tape, I just tore a couple of strips of paper. Cool, eh?


And last but not least, here's the inside!

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the crew have been up to HERE.

What do you think?

INK: Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo
PAPERS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate Cardstock; Pop of Pink DSP
ACCESSORIES: Gold Button (retired, sorry), Bakers Twine, Markers, Glue Dot

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!