Sign UP

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Watercolour Wednesday - The Nicest Things

I love doing nice things for people...especially friends.  One of my favourite things to do (of course) is send/hand deliver a card.

This morning, I noticed a friend was having a pretty rough day (gotta love Facebook!), so I let her know that I would be in her area and if she needed an afternoon pick me up in the way of a visit and coffee that I would make myself available.

She had a meeting that she had to take over her lunch, so she had NO spare time. I really wanted to brighten her day, so I made a card and dropped it off with the receptionist at her workplace.

My card did the trick because when I was on my way home, I received a notification (again, gotta love Facebook!) that she had received the card and was absolutely thrilled with it.  She said I had made her smile in what was an otherwise bad day.  Mission accomplished!

Wanna see?

Look at all those layers!  YUMMY!  And dimensionals?  Oh yeah baby!  I used 14 of those things on this card!


Here's the inside (before I wrote all the mushy stuff!):


And now...what you've been waiting for!!!  The card front!


It's Sketch Challenge day over SplitCoast Stampers, so I used that as my starting point.  The main image panel was PERFECT for an ATC sized image and these two sweet little girls from "The Nicest Things" were a great fit!

The first thing I did was cut down my watercolour paper.  It comes in 3 3/4" x 5", but since I wanted an ATC, I cut it down to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".  You can get TWO ATC out of one sheet of watercolour paper! Then I stamped the girls in Staz-ON ink as this is the best ink for watercolouring.  It doesn't matter how much water you use, this stuff just DOES. NOT. RUN.

Then I just went to town with my watercolour crayons and aqua painters. I used colours from all four families on this one, so I don't think I can list all of them.

Once my image panel was completely dry, I matted in on a piece 2 5/8" x 3 5/8" piece of Baja Breeze Cardstock.  Then, I just started adding layers like on the sketch till I was happy with the results and stuck it all down.

On the inside of the card, I layered a piece of Whisper White over some Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper (DSP) and stamped the sentiment and little bunny in a pot from the same set. Is that bunny not the cutest thing you've ever seen?

What do you think?

STAMPS: The Nicest Things
INK: Staz-ON, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip
PAPERS: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze and Whisper White Cardstock; Paisley Petals DSP
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Painters, Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. W O W !! Excellent watercoloring! 14 dimensionals!?!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet card and that was a sweet gesture. Will you drop me off a card next time I have a bad day?

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!