Sign UP

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dogs...and FLOWERS?

Yeah...not sure where I was going with this one either.

I wanted to use the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper because it's only available for a short time...and then I wanted to use a stamp set that hadn't seen a lot of ink (OK, NO ink!) and ended up pulling out "Not So Seriously".

I originally started thinking that I'd use the gift bag, but then realized that the dogs would fit in the panel I had - WOOT! But then, I ended up with dogs and flowers. Oh well!!

Here's the card:


I found a new sketch site, that just made my day...mostly because of the way the sketches are presented (not even kidding), and this was their first sketch.

I stamped the dogs using Basic Grey and then coloured them in using my Many Marvelous Markers. Did you know that More Mustard makes an EXCELLENT chihuahua colour?

I asked my daughter if she thought it was a totally weird card (what with the dogs and flowers) and she replied that she hadn't even noticed the flowers and thought it was a cute "guy card". So, I'm going to rework it and change up the papers, making it one of the cards we'll be creating during my, "Let's hear it for the Boys" class. What do you think?

They're on to week two now, so I did that card too:


I did flip the sketch 90 degrees, but I like the way it turned out. I took out Word Play and stamped the "Happy I do day" in Pear Pizzazz on Whisper White. While I was at Keely's workshop on the weekend she asked about the paper piercer and the mat pack, which made me realize that I hadn't used it in a while, so I added some piercing to the corners. A few pearls and the colour spritzer were the finishing touches.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Not So Seriously, Word Play
INK: Basic Grey, Pear Pizzazz
PAPERS: Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz Cardstock; Twitterpated DSP
ACCESSORIES: Many Marvelous Markers, Basic Pearls, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!