Sign UP

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's all about the CANDY!!



It's true, right? Halloween is TOTALLY all about the candy!! The kids get excited and I hope that someone gave them Tootsie Rolls because that's the "mom tax" for taking them out. They're lucky with me...my hubby charges them Coffee Crisp bars - LOL!


Today's card is one I designed back in August, both for today's Paper Crafts Crew sketch and for the True North Swappers. I love swapping with these girls! We do a monthly theme and the card fronts I get back are ALWAYS top notch!

I started off with a base of Summer Starfruit Cardstock and then added a layer of Very Vanilla. My original design had a full piece of the Witches Brew Designer Series Paper, but I changed my mind and I'm glad I did!

I used my slaves children to cut out the squares using the Square Framelit Dies and the Big Shot. I actually stamped AFTER they were cut out...I was thinking of the children really...it would have taken them FOREVER to line up the images.

The last image on the right (wrapped candy), was fussy cut and put up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped my Happy Halloween sentiment using the direct to rubber technique (markers on the rubber instead of colouring the image after it's stamped - which would be impossible with this one since it's a solid image) with my Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive markers.

The finishing touch? A Summer Starfruit Ribbon of course! It's STILL not a colour I love, but I do like the way this card turned out.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Halloween Hello, Seasonal Sayings
INK: Old Olive, Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Summer Starfruit Cardstock; Witches Brew DSP
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Dies, Big Shot, Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!