Sign UP

Friday, November 26, 2010

It's a CAS kinda day...


So, last night I was out with some girlfriends and today I'm half blind (allergic reaction, one eye swollen almost completely shut), but since I still wanted to create (I know...it's an illness!), I figured I'd better go with CAS (that's Clean and Simple, if you're new to card making). It's a great way for beginning stampers to get started as they don't get completely overwhelmed with fancy designs. I didn't need to be overwhelmed with fancy designs today, so I made this:

I started with a piece of Cherry Cobbler that was 4 1/4 X 11" and scored at 5 1/2". I added a layer of Very Vanilla and a piece of Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper. If you love this paper as much as I do (I've already finished 2 packages of it!), you'll want to get it soon as it will no longer be available after December 31st. And, if you order right quick (before November 30th) and it's part of an order that's $200 or more, you'll get free shipping right to your door!!!

I tied a piece of 1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim around the card and added a button tied with linen thread. Have you seen the Frank's Hot Sauce ad where the little old lady says, "I put that **** on everything!". Well...that seems to be me with linen thread lately. I never had it and then when I finally got my hands on some...well...I go through it like water! It seems to consistently add just the right finishing touch.

I stamped my sentiment using my "go to" set for sentiments, Teeny Tiny Wishes in Always Artichoke. I punched it out using the Word Window Punch and attached it to a piece of Always Artichoke punched using the Modern Label Punch. It was adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

What do you think?

INK: Always Artichoke
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke Cardstock; Deck the Halls DSP
ACCESSORIES: 1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim, Botton, Linen Thread, Punches

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Christyne! It has such a look of elegance to it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the lace with that DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Christyne, I found your lovely blog. I adore this card ~ perfectly CAS. I hope your eye is better by now! Hugs, Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!