Sign UP

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Strength and Hope - Campaign Starts TODAY!


With the launch of the summer mini, the Strength and Hope Campaign has officially begun!

With the purchase of each and every set of stamps (as well as the digital download), Stampin' UP! will donate $2 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. How awesome is THAT? You get a great stamp set and the BCRF gets a donation!

If you've seen this post, you've already seen the set in action.  And on this post, you get a REALLY nice close up of the butterfly.

If you want to see more projects that you can make with this set, just click here. Do note however, that the card listed as 6 X 6 is actually 3 X 6.

In other news, this is National Scrapbooking Month!

My love of paper crafts started just over 11 years ago in early spring 2000. A friend of mind dragged me to one of those parties (you know the one!) and we made a scrapbooking page.  I'm pretty sure I signed up that night! I became disenchanted with the company and their incessant need for the consultant to carry this huge inventory, not to mention the fact that they wanted us to say that if wasn't their product it was NO GOOD.

I never gave up my love of scrapbooking though...not until I discovered Stampin' UP! in 2004 (or somewhere around there!).  Then, I was all about the CARDS!  My scrapbooks lay untouched, pages unfinished - I think some of them still need journalling!

In an effort to get back into scrapbooking, I've challenged myself to complete a Page a Day in May!

To whit:


There's NO WAY that I could do a 12 X 12 page, which is kind of funny because when I first started scrapbooking, I simply could NOT understand how people created all these mini albums - LOL!

My poppies (from the BRAND NEW set Fabulous Florets released today) are stamped in Staz-On ink on our Watercolour Paper and coloured using our watercolour crayons and aqua painters.  *Really Christyne? You used watercolour crayons and aqua painters? How novel! We've never seen you use THOSE before!* Yeah...right - LOL!

Anyway...after they were coloured (and dry), I cut them all out (seven of them!) and adhered them to my page using either glue dots or Stampin' Dimensionals.

My white photo mat (still need to find a pic!) is sponged in Poppy Parade and my whole page was sponged with So Saffron Ink.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Fabulous Florets
INK:Staz-On, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi
PAPERS: Whisper White and So Saffron Cardstock; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Painters, Sponges, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Scrappin!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW! this is beautiful. I love everything from the layout to the color, just everything. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!