Sign UP

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flowers for Jack - Full Card and Stamping Queens Sketch Week 2

Yesterday I showed you the focal image for this card and today, you get the whole reveal! I was going to use today's post to tell you this amazing story about how my honey and I met, but I had to show you the rest of this card instead. This is the card I sent to Jack Layton's widow:


It seems so strange to say that, "Jack Layton's widow". I mean this man fought and BEAT prostate cancer! It was SO unfair that he was struck with a SECOND kind of cancer so soon after having beaten the first. Canada not only lost a great politician last week, we lost a wonderful man with great ideals. He was taken too soon.  But he knew...and he left us with this:

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
If you'd like to read his letter to Canadians in it's entirety, you can do so here.

Wishing you a wonderful and blessed day!

Happy Stampin'!


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!