Sign UP

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Herb Expressions for the Stampin' Queens!

Happy Wednesday friends! Did you wake up this morning totally confused and think it was March 1st? Leap Year always throws me for a loop!

It's Wednesday, so that means it's time for another Stampin' Queens sketch. This time, Cristena really HAS had her coffee and this sketch was MUCH easier than this one and this one from the past two weeks.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it:


I started off with a base of Blushing Bride (it's retiring at the end of May and while I like it, I don't want to have too many leftovers, because I won't be able to sell it after May 31st) and added a piece of Twitterpated Designer Series Paper. My next layers were Pear Pizzazz (also retiring) and another piece of Twitterpated DSP. I had fun distressing all the layers and sponging on some Pear Pizzazz ink.

I adhered some Blushing Bride Pleated Ribbon to the front panel before adding my stamped images which were stamped using the direct to rubber technique (marker right on the stamp to achieve two different colours) on Whisper White Cardstock.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Herb Expressions
INK: Pear Pizzazz
PAPERS: Whisper White, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz Cardstock; Twitterpated DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Ribbon, Distressing Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the colour combinations and I like the distressed look to the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And just perfect for my plan...if you know what I mean! Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that new ribbon! It is a must have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!