Sign UP

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's the definition of CASE?

When I first started my foray into paper crafts (many years ago) as a scrapbooker, the ladies on the board I often frequented said it meant "Copy And Steal Everything". Well...that didn't sound very nice.

Then, someone started saying it meant "Copy And Share Everything". Now that sounded much better.

Recently, someone said it meant "Copy And Selectively Edit". THAT makes sense!

Although a lot of times when I find a card I REALLY love, I don't edit...ANYTHING. I just copy it and I ALWAYS give credit (as long as I remember to remember where I saw it in the first place - old age is NOT to be trifled with!).

Today's card actually WAS selectively edited and it's another Ann Schach. Geez! She must think I'm a stalker - LOL!

You can see her card here and here's mine:


The plan is to use up the retiring In Colours (Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade) before they become "old news" on May 31st, 2012. Now, don't get me wrong, all these colours are WONDERFUL but since I'm a business demonstrator, I can't be making cards to showcase with products that are no longer available. Besides, I need to make room for all the NEW In Colours of 2012-2014! And no...I have NO idea what they are yet - LOL!

When Ann made her card, she used Poppy Parade and challenged me to use a DIFFERENT retiring In Colour and you can see that card tomorrow.

Today's card features the last of my Poppy Parade (I have a few scraps left) and two full sheets of the Sale-a-Bration Everyday Enchantment paper. I made a total of 12 cards today. I didn't add sentiments because I'll either use them as notecards or give them to a dear friend to use as part of her auction table for a fundraiser she's doing for her daughter.

Since I'd already cut the DSP (I mentioned to Ann that I was very thankful for her card as I had cut my DSP and then lost my train of thought!), I added a piece of Poppy Parade behind it.

I stamped the main image from Fresh Vintage in Poppy Parade on Very Vanilla and layered it on Poppy Parade DSP (from the paper stack) and another piece of Very Vanilla.

AFTER I adhered the image panel (oh! this was VERY clever - NOT!) I decided to add ribbon - sheesh! Good thing I used Stampin' Dimensionals! I added the ribbon and brad and then stuck all the layers to my Very Vanilla card base.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Fresh Vintage
INK: Poppy Parade; Soft Suede for sponging
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Poppy Parade Cardstock; Everyday Enchantment and Poppy Parade DSP
ACCESSORIES: Brads, Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponges

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I have that paper but haven't managed to use it yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!