Sign UP

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lest we forget

Today is November 11th. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, please stop and take a moment to remember those that fought for our freedom. It matters not in what country you live, you're free because others fought and died.

It seemed appropriate that today's card should be a sympathy card. I know, from experience, that I never have a sympathy card on hand when I need one. And when I need one, the LAST thing I want to do is make one.

Today's card takes care of that. I know I have one ready...and perhaps since it's ready, I won't need one for a good long while. Take a look:



I started off with a Chocolate Chip Cardstock base and added a layer of Wild Wasabi. I stamped the Very Vanilla panel with images from Daydream Medallions using Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi. I used my Stamp-a-majig to make sure everything lined up just the way it should.

I haven't created a distressed card in a LONG time, so it was kind of neat to distress the edges of the Very Vanilla Layer. That, along with the extra ink on smooshed on, gave me just the look I wanted.

For the main image/sentiment panel, I used my markers right on the flower from the Love & Sympathy set. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since the Wild Wasabi is quite a bit darker than the Soft Sky, but I was THRILLED with the result. The sentiment, stamped in Chocolate Chip, was perfect stamped slightly over the image.

A peek at the inside:


Don't forget to check out what the rest of the divas have been up to here.


What do you think?

STAMPS: Love and Sympathy, Daydream Medallions
INK: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Markers, Seam Binding, Stamp-a-majig, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!