Sign UP

Friday, July 1, 2016

HA! That's so PUNNY!

For this weeks Retro Sketches, I had a few options on my creative table. This one just cracked me up! Hey! Don't judge me...maybe I just need some more sleep...or maybe I've been spending too much time with my father in law - that man loves his puns!

Check it out:


SO many layers going on here! It would take me three days to measure and get back to you on actual sizes...so you'll just have to use your best judgement and eyeball it. The card is a standard 4 ¼" x 5 ½" card base, so that should give you a starting point.

The Designer Series Paper comes from (you guessed it!) Blooms & Bliss (are you sensing a theme??). I used both sides of the same paper again.

The image from Pun Intended (a hostess exclusive) was stamped in Island Indigo. Then, I used some Daffodil Delight and my water pen and VERY carefully drew some "light" around the bulb. You have to be careful because Island Indigo is not water resistant and if you get the water too close, you'll end up with green instead of yellow.

I wrapped the image panel with Crushed Curry baker's twine before adhering it to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think I'll give it to my hubby...just because...but also because he's his father's son...and while he doesn't use as many puns as his dad does, he's getting there! Old age should be a blast - LOL!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Pun Intended
INK: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight
PAPERS: Whisper White, Pool Party and Island Indigo Cardstock; Blooms & Bliss DSP
ACCESSORIES: Baker's Twine, Water Brush, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful take on this weeks sketch! Thanks so much for playing along wth us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!