Sign UP

Saturday, February 25, 2017

MOJO Throwdown!

Spring is in the air! Or at least it was on Thursday when I was creating this card! We had such a beautiful day here in Southern Ontario that I was tempted to don a pair of shorts. I didn't...but I did wear flip flops and have my nails done. :)

What's the weather like where you are? Are you looking forward to spring? The groundhogs were divided on whether or not it was going to be an early spring this year, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

This card reminds me of spring, and I'm hoping it might bring a little colour to your computer too! :)


I started off with a base of Perfect Plum. I don't use this colour very often, but it seemed perfect for this card and the Colour Throwdown challenge, so I went for it!


I added a layer of the new (available right now in the Occasions Catalogue) Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper which was sponged using Sweet Sugarplum Ink. The banner uses the same DSP and a layer of Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock, both also sponged. This element is based on the Mojo Monday Sketch.


As usual, I took some liberties with the sketch, but it's pretty close, right? ;)

I just love the new (ish) stitched shapes! They add just the perfect touch to the die cuts. Don't you think?

Here's a look at the inside:


I sponged the DSP as well as the layer of Whisper White and added some doodles to the edges, because, why not?? Who doesn't love doodles?!

And here's a little close up:


The new succulent bundle is AMAZING!!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Oh So Succulent, That's the Tag
INK: Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush
PAPERS: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum and Perfect Plum Cardstock; Succulent Garden DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Linen Thread, Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!