Sign UP

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just a note...

In playing in the Canadian Image Express Swap, I get all kinds of images that I would not normally purchase but have come to love.

I'd never heard of Sugar Nellies until I started playing on that thread and I've come to love them. When they come up on someone's list, I snag 'em! Guess I should start buying my own - LOL!

This is one such Sugar Nellies called Pen Pal. I took my colours with me when I went to Austin as well as a collection of images to play with. This one was coloured while lounging by the pool in wonderfully warm weather (while everyone back here in Canada was freezing their butts off!)

I coloured her with my Copic markers based on some of the Making Memories papers that I bought while out shopping in Austin one day. Funny thing is, I originally had her hair blonde, but decided that she looked better as a brunette. Gotta love Copics for that! I just coloured right over the blonde - no problem!

Looking at her now, I'm pretty sure I did her for a sketch challenge somewhere, but can't remember where now...that figures - LOL!

I used my SU! Word Window punch for the handwritten "Just a Note" sentiment.

What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love your dp, and the coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring and card. That's an adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! Love the color choices and that image is adorable :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Great coloring and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute image and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too lovely ... everything about it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awsome card! love the image and coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!