Sign UP

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Time for a litte Java with my Bellas!

I'm meeting some good friends for coffee this morning and I can't wait! Most of them will have already left so it's safe to post the little surprise I made for each of them. In fact, some of you early risers will probably even see it before they do!

I've been doing some image swapping online (as I may have mentioned - LOL!) and I received this image last week from one of the swap lists I'm on. I know, it's AWFUL that I can't remember these things, but old age is creeping in you know...I'll be forty (ACK!) in a little over two months.

Anyway, if you want to check out the swap lists I'm on, it was either this one (Canadian) or this one (International). Whichever one you choose (if you decide to play along), be warned that it is VERY addicting! I estimate that I already have close to 4" inches of images that I have already received and that is only about 1/2 of what is coming to me. Yes, I will be doing LOTS of colouring!!!

So, I made this for scrapping/stamping/foodie friends:


I coloured in the girls using my (beloved) Copic Markers (that's a whole other addiction for a whole other post!) and trimmed the image down to 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 (more or less). Under the Bellas is a layer of 3 3/4" X 5" Soft Sky DSP (yes, this is still my most favourite SU! colour EVER!!!), followed by a layer of 4" X 5 1/4" Blue Bayou and mounted onto a Kraft card base.

The little coffee cup is from a Gel-a-tins stamp set that I have had for AGES and has rarely seen ink (that'll change now that I have Javabellas and Lattebella to play with) as is the saying that reads "You're the mocha latte in a world full of cheap machine coffee". I matted the image/sentiment of a piece of Close to Cocoa which was cut with my Quickutz nesting scalloped circles. The finishing touch is a chocolate brown organza chiffon ribbon.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Bella and Gel-a-Tins
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip
Cadstock: Kraft, Blue Bayou, Close to Cocoa
DSP: Soft Sky Prints
Accessories: Copic Markers, SU! Markers, Quickutz, Ribbon

Happy Stampin'!

10 comments:

  1. Love it!!! What luck friends you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment! And the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet! hope they liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm sure any of your girlfriends would love to get this one in the mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Christyne! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh very sweet, I am going to have to wish for some of this image... cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet combination. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christyne. Really interesting sentiment.

    Still undecided on the copic thing! Will I won't I?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the image and sentiment! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. There's nothing like coffee with good friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!