Sign UP

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to Basics with Paper and Ink

I love embellishments, don't get me wrong. But sometimes, you need to let the paper and the stamped images speak for themselves.

For this card, I used three different stamp sets, two of which are from the Sale-A-Bration brochure and will only be available for the next 11 days!  The other stamp set that I used is "Clearly For You" and it's in the Occasions Mini which is available until April 30th when the new SUMMER MINI takes effect!

And...speaking of SUMMER MINI, I'll be putting out an additional newsletter every Tuesday for the next 6 weeks to introduce you to the goodness that will be in the SUMMER MINI beginning May 1st.  You're going to LOVE IT!!!  In order to receive this newsletter, you MUST sign up for it.  If you're already receiving my semi-monthly newsletter, you'll need to change your preferences.  Because this SUMMER MINI newsletter will be weekly for the next six weeks, I will NOT be sending it out to my regular newsletter subscribers without their permission.  If you have ANY difficulty whatsoever updating your preferences, please email me and let me know.  I can make the changes for you, at your request.

Now, for today's card:

I read a FaceBook status update of a very close friend this morning and it was somewhat disturbing.  This girl has the most amazing, generous, giving, kind spirit and to see her hurt breaks my heart.  We chatted a little bit and I decided that she needed a more tangible reminder of just how awesome she is.

So, I picked up my colour coach and decided on: Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso and Pretty in Pink.  I threw in some Regal Rose for a little brighter Pink.

I started off by stamping the Early Espresso Base using the large image from the Bliss Stamp Set (available with a $60 purchase only for the next 11 days!) and Versamark ink. Then I stamped the images from Sweet Summer (also available only for the next 11 days!) on Whisper White Cardstock using Garden Green, Regal Rose and Rich Razzleberry Inks.

The sentiment (from Clearly For You) is stamped in Regal Rose on Whisper White Cardstock, punched out using the Word Window Punch and matted on a piece of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock punched out using the Modern Label Punch.

There's an appropriate amount of mush on the inside.

What do you think:

STAMPS: Bliss, Sweet Summer and Clearly For You
INKS: Garden Green, Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry
PAPERS: Whisper White, Early Espresso and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock, Pretty in Pink DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the colors you chose. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your friend will love this card, a little birdie tells me she likes pink, even tho' she's surrounded by blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!