Sign UP

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Open Sea for the Stampin' Queens!

Good morning everyone! Are you done reeling from the retired list that posted on Sunday? Hang on to your pants, because the accessories list posts a week from today - EEK!!!

In last year's summer mini, one of my favourite sets made it's first appearance. I was SO sad when it didn't make it into the Idea Book and Catalogue but THRILLED when we found out it was still available as write-in. YAY!

Today's Stampin' Queen card uses the Open Sea:


And here's the sketch on which it was based:


I just love how quickly it came together! Which, let's be honest, is a GOOD thing considering that when I created it last night, I had already spent the day on an outdoor field trip with 38 grade three students. To say I was EXHAUSTED would be an understatement!

Since this card will be one of those featured in my "Manly Man" card class on May 5th, I wanted it to be fairly simple. I stamped the images in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla and then matted them both on Chocolate Chip cardstock. I added two strips of cardstock (one punched) at the bottom of the card, adhered the images and called it DONE! It has the "DH seal of approval", so I think I'm good! LOL!

What do you think?

STAMPS: The Open Sea
INK: Chocolate Chip
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! :) I think I'm going to look forward to this class! The simplicity really makes it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!