Sign UP

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Inspiration from the Divas!

What have I gotten myself into? Design team junkie doesn't even BEGIN to describe the insanity! LOL! I am LOVING it though and am ALMOST at a perfect rhythm where I'm ahead of the game and creating at least one, and sometimes TWO, weeks in advance!

So, in this post, I talked about about joining the design team for the colour challenge over at Utah Divas International. Not long after I joined that team, Jill posted on the UDI Facebook page that she was starting up the Inspiration challenge team again. Now, inspiration challenges are truly NOT my forte, but I've been trying to S-T-R-E-T-C-H myself (and my stamping, too!), so I decided to give it a shot!

I was too late to play with the first one and completely forgot about the second one, but now, I'm ready to go!

My card for this week was based on this picture chosen by Jill:


When I first saw it, I knew JUST what I wanted to do! And here's what I came up with:


I used the leaf from French Foliage and inked it up with Regal Rose. Then, I rocked and rolled VERY gently in Always Artichoke.

A word of advice:

  • The rock and roll technique using the new firm foam pads is VERY tricky! With the older linen pads, you got the benefit of the texture in the pad. With the firm foam pads, because they are so uniform, you MUST be VERY gentle. When I first did it, I ended up with a strip of pink down the middle with two strips of green on the sides and it looked RIDICULOUS!
  • Practice first! If I hadn't stamped onto grid paper first, I'd have wasted a piece of cardstock. Grid paper on my workspace is an invaluable tool!
After stamping the leaf image four times unto the cardstock (which is Naturals Ivory), I stamped the sentiment from A Word for You in Always Artichoke in the bottom right hand corner. I'm loving the simplicity of this card!

What do you think?

STAMPS: French Foliage, A Word for You
INK: Regal Rose, Always Artichoke
PAPERS: Naturals Ivory
ACCESSORIES: Ummm...none! Unless you count grid paper! :)

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Very good tip! I'd hadn't considered it. I really need to dust off this technique. Haven't used it in forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!