Sign UP

Friday, November 1, 2013

Fishy Friday - Anniversary



What? Yeah…weird, I know. BUT! Wait till you see what I have in store for you for the next TWELVE weeks!! Need a break from the insanity of the holiday season? Then THIS is the day of the week when you should visit my blog. Well, to be honest, you should visit EVERY day, but if you need a break from holiday prep, this will be a fun place to be every Friday, right through New Years!

When the Stampin' UP! catalogue was made available to Demonstrators (WAY back in April of this year), I was flipping through it and my son happened to walk by when I was on page 58 and he saw this:


and immediately fell in love with it. Honestly? I thought it was pretty darn cute too!

Well…I kept forgetting to order it for him and a few weeks ago, I FINALLY remembered (he was THRILLED) and this past weekend, he took it out and stamped a birthday card and a Christmas card too. (oh…sorry! I wasn't going to mention that "C" word - won't happen again).

While he had it out, I asked if I could borrow it (it is his after all) and he was happy to oblige. As I was colouring them in, I came up with the idea of FISHY FRIDAY!! Twelve weeks of fishy cuteness!

The first card I came up with was an Anniversary card - that sold in less time than it took me to make it (thank you Lindsay!) so it's a good thing I took pics right away! Pretty cool!


So, I started off with a base of Bermuda Bay (SO happy that colour made a comeback) and added layers of Whisper White and Coastal Cabana Designer Series Paper. Under the fishies, you'll see another layer of Coastal Cabana DSP as well as some Tangerine Tango and more Whisper White.


I created the little Happy Anniversary banner by stamping the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto Whisper White Cardstock and notching the end to create the flag look.

And check out the inside:


Don't forget to come back next week and I'll tell you all about how I coloured the fishies!

What do you think?



STAMPS: Fishin' Around, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: Black Staz-ON, Coastal Cabana
PAPERS: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay and Tangerine Tango Cardstock; Coastal Cabana DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Pens, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!