Sign UP

Friday, November 8, 2013

Fishy Friday - Balloon Birthday




Happy Friday!! OH. MY. GOSH. I *know* it's only week two, but this has GOT to be my favourite card! I just can't believe how stinkin' CUTE it is!!


This card started off with a flash in my head - of fish, holding balloons. Yeah, I know. NUTS. But, it was in my head and the only way to get it OUT of my head, was to create it in a way that I thought made sense. And this was it. :)

I looked at my Colour Coach to see what (other) colours went well with Coastal Cabana and my Colour Coach told me Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate. Sure. Why not?

So, my base is Calypso Coral with a layer of Whisper White and then a layer of Coastal Cabana Designer Series Paper.

My little fishies are resting on apiece of Crisp Cantaloup (sponged) and a piece of Whisper White backed with Smoky Slate.


I stamped the "Happy Birthday from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto Whisper White and then cut it out using one of the banners from the Label Card Thinlit Die. It puts all the score lines in for you, so there's no guessing as to how to fold it up - PERFECT!

And of course, no card is complete without a finished inside:


What do you think?


STAMPS: Fishin' Around, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: Black Staz-ON, Coastal Cabana
PAPERS: Whisper White, Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate Cardstock; Coastal Cabana DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Pens, Dazzling Diamonds, Baker's Twine, Punch, White Gel Pen, 2-way glue, Big Shot, Dies, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!