Sign UP

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Have some tea 3-D Thursday

You may remember last week's post where I mentioned that I had misheard some directions for what I was creating and now it had to be for this week...well, it's this week! :)

Sam Hammond (AKA Pootles) over in the UK makes the most adorable little boxes for all KINDS of things and last week, she created the cutest little tea box for tea that comes in bags. As soon as I saw it, I just knew I had to recreate it. And then...I was sorting out some things for our trip to France (we're in Lyon till tomorrow) and came across a tea bag that I hadn't used from our last trip and it was the perfect fit!

Check it out:


I started off with a piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock that was 3 ¼" x 11" and scored it at 3 ½", 4 ¾", 8 ¼" and 9 ½". You can find all the directions on Sam's YouTube channel. I then went nuts with all the sponging ('cause sponging!) and added pieces of Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper, which were also sponged.


Then I created the little inserts (the correct size this time!) and sponged all over those too.


The flower closures are just BRILLIANT and I think I'll use Sam's idea in the future.


Basically, you put glue dots on only the two bottom petals of the flower, hold the flap down and adhere the flower in the correct spot. The flap then simply tucks under the top petal. See? Brilliant!

And here's the tea I found:


At time of writing, I was waiting for little magnets to arrive on a slow boat from China, so the top doesn't close securely yet. I'm hoping they'll be at home when we return tomorrow so I can finish it up.

What do you think?

STAMPS: None
INK: Mint Macaron (for sponging)
PAPERS: Mint Macaron Cardstock; Blooms & Bliss DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Sponges

Happy Stampin'!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute, love this idea for a just because or little hostess gift of special teas!! I may have to pop over to Sam's you tube channel - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!