Sign UP

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

By Special Request

A couple of weeks ago, a dear friend sent me a message asking me to create a special birthday card for someone turning 65. Turns out that this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch was just the ticket. Plus, I'd already completed all the other Paper Craft Crew challenges up to this one, so why not stay ahead of the game?

Here's the sketch:


And here's my card:


I started off with a base of Sahara Sand and added a layer of Sahara Sand DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper stack. In the stack you get four sheets (two different designs) in each of 10 colours! It's great value for money considering that if you cut each 12 x 12" sheet of DSP into 6, you could get 240 (!!!) card fronts out of one stack of paper. Of course, if you cut each sheet into even smaller pieces, the possibilities are ENDLESS! Well...maybe not quite endless, but definitely too many for me to count - LOL!

The next layer up is a piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock (retiring soon!), cut to 4 ⅝" x 2 ⅞" and on top of that is a layer of Whisper White, cut to 4 ½" x 2 ¾".

On the piece of Whisper White Cardstock, I stamped images from the Number of Years Stamp Set. The numbers are from the same set and were cut out using the Large Numbers Framelits.

I added a banner with a little scalloped circle tucked behind it and finished off the card by wrapping Whisper White Bakers around the whole card.

Other than NOT adding a sentiment to the bottom right, I think this is one of the few times I've actually followed an entire sketch - LOL!

The sentiment went on the inside instead:


And last but not least, a little bit of bling never hurt! Plus, I figure if you're celebrating your 65th birthday, rhinestones are a MUST!


Now...I need your help! I made two versions of this card - one with Watermelon Wonder Ink sponged around the outside edge of the Whisper White Panel and one without. Which one do you like best?


Let me know in the comments below and I'll draw a random comment - that person will receive the same card in the mail. I'll even customize it for you with a number of your choosing!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Number of Years
INK: Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Sahara Sand
PAPERS: Whisper White, Sahara Sand and Watermelon Wonder Cardstock; Sahara Sand DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Basic Rhinestones, Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponges

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!