Sign UP

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

So I saw this thing on YouTube...

If you have children in your house, I can almost guarantee that you've had at LEAST one conversation start in this manner...

This time around *I* was the one who saw a thing on YouTube! And what I saw was a super cute card that was part of the incredibly talented Connie Stewart's collection of "Make it in Minutes" cards.

She made flowers...and I started off making flowers too, but the more I stamped them, the more they looked like Mickey Mouse! :)

Now...if we're friends on Facebook, you already know we're going on a Mediterranean cruise in September. I don't think I mentioned it was a DISNEY CRUISE!!

If you've known me for any length of time, you KNOW our family is a bunch of Disney FREAKS! So...pair that with the fact that I haven't cruised in over 20 years and that a Mediterranean cruise has been on my bucket list for YEARS...well...you can just imagine the excitement around here!

One of the things that happens on Disney Cruise is something called Fish Extenders (I'll let you look that up...it's a post for another day) and another is people spreading Pixie Dust all over the place!

Pixie dust can be anything from a small gift, to a card, to a special thank you, etc.

So...as I was stamping what was supposed to be flowers and seeing Mickey Mouse instead, I decided that these cards would be PERFECT to spread around a little Pixie Dust! So I made 16...


I started off with a base of thick Whisper White Cardstock and added a layer of Marina Mist (I really need to use this colour more often!). My images (from Swirly Bird) were stamped in Pink Pirouette and Flirty Flamingo. I stamped my sentiment (from the retiring Scenic Sayings) in Marina Mist Ink.

The finishing touch was a few rhinestones added to each card and...DONE! Thanks Connie for the great card idea!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Swirly Bird, Scenic Sayings (retiring)
INK: Pink Pirouette, Flirty Flamingo and Marina Mist
PAPERS: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White and Marina Mist Cardtock
ACCESSORIES: Basic Rhinestones

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!