Sign UP

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Utah meets Fresh!

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know how much Summer Starfruit is NOT one of my favourite colours. In fact, yes, I'm STILL working on the original pack of paper that I ordered back in May of 2012. There's not much of it left (thank goodness!) and it retires at the end of May (thank goodness again!).

Knowing all of that, you can just imagine my dismay when I saw this:


Yep! Smack in the middle...Summer Starfruit. *sigh*

I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to combine those three colours, so I thought and played...and came up with this:


The base is Summer Starfruit (my last ½ sheet - now I just have ¼ sheets and scraps left) and then I followed the Freshly Made Sketch for the next layer (Very Vanilla and Summer Starfruit DSP).

My nod to Pool Party is the layer behind the sentiment as well as the sentiment itself. I added just a touch of Crisp Cantaloupe by using the bakers twine that's in the Sale-A-Bration brochure (which starts in just a few short days!!). The stamped, adhesive cork flower comes in the kit with the bakers twine (how cool is THAT?)


What do you think?

INK: Pool Party
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Pool Party and Summer Starfruit Cardstock; Soho Subway DSP
ACCESSORIES: Baker Twine, Adhesive Cork, Stampin' Dimenstionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!