I got On the Grow last week as part of my summer mini pre-order and couldn't wait to ink it up! Of course, it just BEGS to be watercoloured, but then I would have had to wait till Watercolour Wednesday to showcase it. Since I just started a series last week, that would mean I'd have to wait till the middle of MAY to put this card up. NO WAY!
So I decided to cheat a little and use if for ATC Tuesday this week. You don't mind, right?
This sentiment is SO. MUCH. FUN. And don't you just love the long banner? I got this FAB idea from Diana Gibbs for making a really long jewelry tag. Here's how you do it:
- Cut your strip of paper to 3/8" wide. At this point, it doesn't matter how long it is.
- Rather than just inserting it into the punch, flip the punch over and put one end into the punch going through the punch shape.
- It will look like one end of the paper is through the punch and then you'll have a long tail sticking out.
- Essentially what you're doing is just punching one end of paper. This creates your really LONG jewelry tag.
- Stamp your sentiment up close to the "tag" end (where the little circle is) and then use your square punch (size really doesn't matter - LOL!) to punch out the "banner" end.
- Embellish the tag as desired. I took my 1/16" handheld punch and punched a hole in the little circle. Then I tied a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine through the hole.
- Adhere to your card using glue dots. If you bend it up just a bit, it looks even MORE like a little banner.