Sign UP

Monday, April 25, 2011

Holy Layers Batman! Can you say EXTRA POSTAGE?

This is my second post for today! Scroll down to see what else I've been doing!

When I saw this card by the lovely and talented Ann Schach, I just KNEW I'd have to recreate it! I mean really, how could you not? It's stunning!!!

Well, between the Creativ Festival and Easter, my "The Open Sea" set (123030 Wood - $32.95; 123032 Clear - $22.95), which will be available to order on May 1st when the Summer Mini launches, was left untouched.

Now, the Creativ Festival and Easter are behind us...the kids are hopped up on chocolate and doing their own thing, I decided it was time to create!

Since I don't have ALL the elements Ann used (I'm missing those GORGEOUS grommets - they'll be on my next order!), I had to improvise. I used these Antique Brad (117273 - $7.50) instead. I chose these ones in particular because I thought they looked a lot like a compass - carrying the theme!


I sure hope Ann doesn't mind my shameless CASEing of her card, because these elements are laid out exactly the same on her card.  Why mess with perfection?


Here's the completed card:


It's all in the details:
  • Antique Brads - going rustic
  • Distressing - a LOT of Early Espresso Ink
  • Sponging - the Whisper White on which I stamped my images was a little too stark for my liking so I sponged all over them after I cut them out using my Early Espresso Classic Ink and a sponge
  • Layers - oh how I love them!!! IMO, you can NEVER have too many layers on a card - sure, there's extra postage to be paid, but it's worth it
  • Baker's Twine - not even available yet (will be May 1st) and I'm already crossing all my parts that it will be carried over into the new Idea Book and Catalog for the 2011-2012 year...LOVE this stuff!
Inside:

I continued sponging on the Whisper White so it wasn't so stark and layered the Whisper White Cardstock on the same piece of DSP that I used in the small panel on the front before adhering it to the inside of the card.

I stamped the Happy Father's Day on the inside as this will be FIL's Father's Day card. When I first saw this set, I just KNEW it would be perfect to create cards for him as he just loves boats and has even made a few rather large replica sail boats himself.

What do you think?

STAMPS: The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy
PAPERS: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy Cardstock; Nautical Expedition DSP
ACCESSORIES: Bakers Twine, Antique Brads, Metallic Brads and LOTS of Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. What a great "man" card! and yep, extra postage will be needed, but so worth it. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!