Sign UP

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On the Grow - Part Two

This is my second post for today, so scroll down to see what else I've been doing.

I couldn't very well show you one image from this fun stamp set and not share the other, so you get TWO cards today - lucky you!

I found an older Viva la Verve sketch that I used for this card. I completely fell in love with all those layers! Here are some of the details:




Don't you just LOVE those brads? On a recent order, I added all the brads that are available in the colour collections and I'm so glad I did! The ones I used for this card are Pumpkin Pie from the Brights Collection. One of my FAVOURITE things about Stampin' UP! is that everything matches!  So, you don't need to worry that your "orange" brads won't be the same shade as your "orange" paper.  Simply select the same "orange" and you're good to go! Inks and markers match too!

I finished the inside of this card with some matching paper and the Scallop Trim Border Punch.

Here's a close up of the coloured image:


I used Wild Wasabi and Garden Green to colour the leaves. For the flowers, I used Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze and a touch of Cherry Cobbler for the flower middles. On the vase/jar, I used a touch of Bashful Blue and really washed it out, so it looked close to clear. The background was done using Peach Parfait, again, really washed out.

But Christyne, you're thinking...there's no Peach Parfait Watercolour Crayon, how did you do that?

Watercolouring using ink from an ink pad:

  • While your ink pad is still closed, squeeze it a little bit.
  • When you open your ink pad, you'll notice a small deposit of colour in the lid.
  • Dip your Aqua Painter into ink on your lid and use this to colour your image.
  • Couldn't be easier!
Here's my completed card:



I think this will be the card I send to my MIL for Mother's Day. Now I just need to come up with one for MY mom!

What do you think?

STAMPS: On the Grow - Available May 1st!
INKS: Staz-On, Peach Parfait
PAPERS: Whisper White, Rose Red and Tangerine Tango Cardstock; Sweet and Sour Specialty DSP (each it is clear embossed on one side!); Watercolour Paper.
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Painters, Brads, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!