Sign UP

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stamping 411 in Bright and Cheery Colours!


The temperature is up to 13C where I am!!!  That's about 55F for my American friends - WOOT! So, today's card brings bright and cheery colours ready for summer.  Yes, I KNOW spring has BARELY started, but I am SO ready for warm summer weather!

For my card, I decided to play along with the operators at Stamping 411!

 What do you think of this?  I just love this bow! And how's that for bright and cheery? Nothing says happy like Real Red! Our taffeta ribbon is one of my favourites to use.  It's so soft and supple - it makes FABULOUS bows!

You know what else? It come is 11 colours! You can see them all here.



If you know ANYTHING about me, you know how much I LOVE layers!  If I was ever down to only one package of Stampin' Dimensionals, I think I might start having heart palpitations - LOL! When I place my demonstrator orders, there's ALWAYS at least one package on there! Good thing I can get them for 20% off...you can too if you join my team!  All your favourite Stampin' UP! products for at least 20% off as long as you remain an active demonstrator. Cool, or what?

The sentiment, in this case, wasn't attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I simply added a bit of Snail under the end that was on top of the image panel and let it "float" off the edge.

And now...without further ado...the full card front! Like I said - BRIGHT AND CHEERY! I didn't have any DSP with the colours I wanted to use, so I just made my own! Love, love, LOVE that I can do that!


I stamped the flower from Bold Blossom using Real Red, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise Ink on a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock before adhering it to my Tempting Turquoise Base.

This is such a fun little stamp set! And it's inexpensive too - only $15.95 for wood mount and $11.95 for clear mount.  You can't beat that!


Tips from the Heart for making your own Designer Series Paper:
  • Start with the largest stamp first. In this case, that didn't matter as I was only using one image. Your smaller images are GREAT for filling in gaps, so save them till last.
  • Start with the lightest colour first. If you start with darker colours, you're going to find the piece overwhelming.
  • Fill in the gaps.  The best Designer Series Paper is COVERED. You want your Designer Series Paper to be the same.
  • Make a WHOLE sheet!  For my card, I only made one panel, but you can make a whole sheet of your own Designer Series Paper.  This is known as a "one sheet wonder" and is often cut into smaller pieces to get many cards from one sheet of paper.
  • Have fun! Don't try and be too precise or your paper will look like it was store bought.  You want it to be fun and whimsical. You want it to be a part of you!

When I first started making cards, I almost NEVER finished the inside of the card. But after awhile, I started thinking that all the cards you can BUY in those card stores are all finished on the inside.  Sometimes it's only a sentiment, but still.  Most of my cards DON'T have a sentiment inside (unless it's specifically requested by a client), but I do like to finish them on the inside now.  Sometimes it's a stamped image.  Sometimes it's an extra strip of Designer Series Paper. Just a little extra something to show again how much you care.

I hope you enjoyed my little bit of summer!  Why don't you leave me a quick comment and let me know what you think?

STAMPS: Bold Blossom
INKS: Old Olive, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
PAPERS: Whisper White, Real Red, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Real Red 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Punches

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. You did a fabulous job with this sketch and the stamps set. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!