Sign UP

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strength and Hope for a friend in need

The Strength and Hope Stamp set will be available in the Summer Mini beginning May 1st, 2011.  It's sale will see $2 per set donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. In my travels through cyber space, I have seen a LOT of cards made with this set and, in my opinion, you just CAN'T make a bad card with this set. It's just not possible!

When I found a GORGEOUS card by Lianne Carper, I just KNEW I would have to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) it. It will be going to a friend's sister who is battling cancer.

Here are some of the bits and pieces:

I love the butterfly that comes with this set. I especially love cutting it out and layering several of them. I learned this trick from a fellow demonstrator named Tana. I've seen her do it with the butterfly punch, but it works with this one too.


In this next photo, you can see that I used Stampin' Dimensionals on the wings. By adding Glue Dots to the centre of the butterfly and squishing all three butterflies together, you can achieve the illusion of  a flying butterfly. LOVE THIS!


Here's the bow detail. If I'd had some of the new Whisper White Baker's Twine that will be available in the new Summer Mini, I would have used that.  I haven't finalized my Summer Mini order as of yet, but when I do, you can be sure the Baker's Twine (in all three colours!) will be on it!



The sentiment in this set is the letter "H" and the word "hope".  There's also three rows of words. I stamped these behind the "H" in River Rock Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. I had to stamp it twice - this was easy to do since I have the clear mount version of this set. I used more Stampin' Dimensionals for the sentiment.

Here's the completed card:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Strength and Hope
INKS: River Rock, Not Quite Navy
PAPERS: Whisper White and Not Quite Navy Cardstock; Paisley Prints DSP
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Punches, Linen Thread, Button, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. What do I think? Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card! I love the effect you did with the butterfly. You are right about this set, it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!