Sign UP

Friday, August 31, 2012

Birthday Style!

Good morning! It's my wedding anniversary today and while I had planned to show you the card I made for my hubby, it's not done yet. Yeah...I know. And he's off today - YIKES!!! I'll have to be sneaky - LOL! I'll post it one day next week...

On Wednesday, I was asked to step in as the Chat and Challenge Hostess on SUDSOL (Simply Unique Demonstrators Share On Line). SUDSOL is a paid demonstrator group that is worth EVERY penny. There are business tips, an AWESOME gallery, super secret forms to which only SUDSOL members have access. In short, it's DA BOMB!!

Anyway, I'm the coordinator for the Chat and Challenge and sometimes, when someone can't host their time slot, I step in.

While at Regionals in Hamilton a couple weeks ago I received a swap card from the lovely and talented Liz Goldhawk. I didn't have the stamp set she used, but I did CASE her design for the Chat and Challenge.

Check it out:


I used Elements of Style and I just LOVE the way it turned out...right down to that SUMMER STARFRUIT - LOL!

This is a CAS (Clean and Simple) card with minimal stamping, LOTS of white space and not a lot of layers or extra bits and pieces. In fact, if I'd done what I had in my head, there wouldn't even be the Word Window Punch layer as I wanted to stamp the sentiment on the bottom panel. Of course, I got all excited and added the Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the panels and well...yeah.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Summer Starfruit
PAPERS: Naturals White
ACCESSORIES: Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I wonder if I have a stamp set that I could use for such a design... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the depth and colour of your blog Christyne!!! I just started a blog of my own and it's pretty basic. Any ideas would be most welcomed. Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!