Sign UP

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let's go Make a Cake!

OK, I was TOTALLY singing, "Let's go fly a kite..." as I was typing that. Yeah, I know. I'm a little (a lot?) weird like that - LOL!

As you know from this post, I was trying out for the CAS Design Team on SplitCoast Stampers. I'm pleased to tell you that I was chosen as one of the TOP 12!! The top 12 were asked to create a card based on two inspiration photos. The photos were party themed and had banners in them.

Here's my card:


When I saw the inspiration pieces, the first thing that came to mind was the "Make a Cake" stamp set. I learned a LONG time ago that the first thing I imagine is usually the RIGHT thing, so I went with it!

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure everything was lined up correctly and stamped my image with Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise. I added the cute little butterflies after the cake was stamped.

I briefly considered using Teeny Tiny Wishes for my sentiment, but decided to go with the "Happy Birthday" from Itty Bitty Banners instead. I'm glad I did. I think it's just PERFECT!

I'll let you know on Friday if I was successful in making the team!


What do you think?

STAMPS: Make a Cake, Itty Bitty Banners
INK: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise
PAPERS: Whisper White, Pacific Point
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Happy Stampin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!