Sign UP

Sunday, September 2, 2012

A little Word Play for the Creative Crew!

You may remember some of my posts from July where I let you know that I was asked to be part of the Creative Crew. That whole thing still seems a little surreal, but here it is September 2nd and it's my first "official" FULL day on the Creative Crew! I could have posted this yesterday but I would have to wait until noon MT and since I'm more than a little OCD, I couldn't bring myself to schedule it that late. Yeah, I know. I'm a freak. *sigh*

Today's card features one of *my* least favourite colours from the 2012-2014 In Colours. You know what that means? It'll finally start to grow on me a few months before it retires and then I'll fall in love with it. The same thing happened with Concord Crush *sigh* There are some of my friends and demonstrators that just LOVE it! Maybe you'll like it too?

In attempt to TRY and like it, I decided to make my first card of this month using Summer Starfruit. Please let me know what you think:




I started off with a Summer Starfruit base and then added a pierced layer of Designer Series Paper from the Comfort Cafe line. The piercing mimics "stitching" which is our general "theme" for the month.

Have you tried out the new Paper Piercing Pack yet? You're going to LOVE it! There's a basic one in the 2012-2013 Catalogue and a festive one in the Holiday Catalogue. I just KNOW you'll want both!

The next layer is a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock that I sponged using more Summer Starfruit and then stamped with the sentiment from Word Play using Soft Suede.

For the leaves, I stamped using both my Summer Starfruit and Soft Suede Inks. On the smaller leaves, I used the "rock 'n' roll" technique.


You can see the "rock 'n' roll" effect on the small leaf in the far right of the above picture. This look is achieved by stamping in the lightest colour and then "rocking and rolling" your stamp in the darker colour. The idea is to get darker ink around the outside edge.

I added pearls to the bottom right of the card because I thought they were just the right finishing touch.

And of course, I finished the inside of the card:


What do you think?

STAMPS: French Foliage, Word Play
INK: Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Summer Starfruit Cardstock; Comfort Cafe DSP
ACCESSORIES: Paper Piercer and Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Simply a lovely card Christyne and nice effect on the leaves with the rock'n'roll technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!